Pick yourself up a nice hunk of juicy tenderloin, enough to slice into four steaks for you and your three best pals, and this recipe will have your taste buds thanking you for hours on end. So get the grill fired up, some few icy cold refreshments in the cooler, maybe a nice pre-meal cigar for your prep time, and get ready for a mouthwatering meal that is stupid easy to make. So, HERE’s the beef!…
• 2 pounds of filet mignon about 1 1/2 inches thick, trimmed and cut into 4 portions
• 1 tablespoon whipped or regular butter, slightly softened
• 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
• 3 teaspoons fresh oregano
• 1 teaspoon of freshly grated lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1 tablespoon freshly minced rosemary
• 2 cloves of garlic (1 minced, 1 peeled & halved)
• 4 thick slices of fresh whole grain bread
And now it’s time to put these bad boys all together so grab yourself a drink and let’s rock…
Preheat grill to high.
Mash butter in a small bowl with the back of a spoon until soft and creamy. Stir in 2 teaspoons oil until combined. Add chives, 1 teaspoon oregano), 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and place in the freezer to chill.
Combine the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, 2 teaspoons of oregano, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, rosemary and minced garlic in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of steak. Rub both sides of bread with the halved garlic clove; discard the garlic.
Grill the steak approximately 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill the bread until toasted, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Place each serving on 1 toast and top with steak. Spread the herb butter on top of the steaks and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Now pig out… that’s an order.